cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling a virgin landline - Ringtone had changed

PaulSmith1
On our wavelength

Since my landline switched over and now plugs into my router, those calling me have mentioned that the ringtone now sounds like an international call with a long ring rather than the traditional British ‘ring ring’. Has anyone else experience this and how can it be changed back?  When making external calls from landline, I hear the traditional ring ring, so would not have known anything was different.

thanks 

87 REPLIES 87

ribboncontrolle
Joining in

Hi . I  am having exactly the same issue with the foreign sounding ringtone. People are thinking they are ringing me abroad. Have been on the phone to virgin for an hour about this whilst they do their various tests and rebooting the modem. . They are now sending out an engineer.

I also notice that on call waiting, even though I hear the beeps, the caller does not hear that the old message " the caller knows you are waiting" so that they know they are on call waiting. It just keeps ringing for them. 

Hiribboncontrolle, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the ring tone and am happy to hear that an engineer is on the way. 

Please let us know how the visit goes and if you have any further issues? ^Chris. 

@ribboncontrolle What is an engineer going to do at your property as I understand this is a network issue!

When is the engineer coming as I'm very interested in what they do as I've got very similar issues?

Hey hotlips69, thank you for reaching out and a tech will run some tests to see if there is any issues at all.

They will check a lot of things, I am sure ribboncontrolle will report back after the visit. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi, did the engineer turn up and if so, did they resolve the issue?

thanks

Hi, has your team any update on this issue? Thanks

Thanks for coming back to us PaulSmith1, I will look into this further for you and see if there are any further updates for you.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

@Steven_L  Update please?

hotlips69
On our wavelength

There must be an update from one of these queries by now?

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there hotlips69,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

From checking it wouldn't seem that robincontrolle has responded, regarding the sound are any charges being displayed for the caller?

Regards,

Kain