cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Latency and Packet Bursts Making Online Games Unplayable

SamG01
On our wavelength

Hello

This has been going on for a while now but it has got even worse recently. Mainly in the evenings I'm getting high latency and packet bursts in Call of Duty, Battlefield and World of Warcraft.

A reboot of the Hub every evening used to fix it sometimes but now it doesn't help.

22 REPLIES 22

SamG01
On our wavelength

I asked for the technician visit to be cancelled. I tried to do it myself but still nothing shows on my account.

Can you please cancel the visit I won't be in.

SamG01
On our wavelength

I'm still having latency problems and the router keeps needing to be rebooted. Please can I have an engineer visit sometime this week?

Sorry to hear you are still having latency issues when gaming @SamG01 

To best look into this issue and a resolution, I have sent you a private message. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. Let me know if you have any issues locating this. 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Mobie137
Joining in

Hello, 

I'm having the exact same issue , Every 6 mins the game will freeze for a few seconds and then carry on for another 6 mins . Did the engineer come out and fix the issue and what was the actual problem ? 

Hi Mobie137

Welcome to the forums!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble when gaming online. Have you noticed whether you're having issues with specific games or your broadband connection in general?

We've been unable to locate the backend of your services from here to be able to run a check for you - but if you could start by telling us a bit more about your set up, e.g how your device is connected to your Hub, we'll do our best to help you out.

Thanks!

Beth

Hello, My connection is connected via ethernet cable directly to my PS5 .  I've noticed this on all call of duty from 2019 , Eafc24 and fortnite . 

Thanks for coming back to us @Mobie137, do you experience any connection issues via different devices that are used on the connection, either via Ethernet or Wi-Fi connection.

Thanks,

David_Bn 

Nope David , Just my 3 ps5s . All have the same issue attached is my BQM from the past 24 hours . 

Screenshot_20231216_001256_Chrome.jpg

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Seems you have low level packet loss

---------------------------------------------------------------

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response there Mobie137,

It does appear from checking our service that there is a potential capacity issue on one of the channels.

Have you split the Wi-Fi bands at all?

Let us know,

Kain