cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of Email - F010762348

ModTeam

Resolved

Hi,

We are aware that some customers are experiencing issues with their email service and are very sorry for the inconvenience this is causing. Our teams are working flat out to fully restore all emails as soon as possible.

ModTeam

Update 13/07/23 - This has now been resolved. If you are still having issues, please make your own separate post giving as much detail as possible.

3,132 REPLIES 3,132

mike1958
Tuning in

Sending emails looks to be working ok for me now but not receiving.  I got a couple of emails come through between 9pm and 11pm last night after the service came back but nothing prior to that yesterday, and also no further emails received this morning - including a couple of test messages I sent from my gmail account, so I know there should be some incoming messages.

oracle57
On our wavelength

Good Morning

After being informed the above issue has been fixed I am still unable to get emails and ALL old emails have disappeared. 

From the VM Web Email, trying to create a new email I get 'IMAP server refuses to import one or more email messages.' so cant test send.

Any help appreciated - I need those emails 

mickess
Tuning in

Having thought all was OK last night I'm back to square 1 and can't recieve anything. This is beyond a joke. We are getting nothing from Virgin to let us know what is going on. I requested text updates but only received one yesterday. Nothing since. VM support site admits it is still an issue but now shows they hope to fix by 0830. Hmmm... 

trentman
Up to speed

I received an e-mail from Virgin Media at 02.18 this morning, subject “Important message regarding your Virgin Media email service”. The message read:-

Download message and pictures (2.19KB).

Unfortunately this won’t download, I just get a row of moving dots at the top of the E-mail.

I can send E-mails but do not appear to be receiving any, so I guess I need to do something to kick-start the service.

Any ideas what the message and pictures are? Thanks in advance for any help.

impy1
On our wavelength

As far as I can understand there is no access to virgin media emails,either through the usual method or going to virgin media main page.This as been going on since Sunday evening, latest fix time is  supposed to be 8-30 this morning,but not holding my breath!

AndyGG1
Tuning in

What's happening? No information for Virgin on its website. V poor communication since this seems to be affecting a lot of people.

Yeah, nothing overnight for me either in my main email account, apart from two notifications for this thread in a different account, and the VM email  for a lesser used email address. Doesn’t sound like they’ve fixed anything - hope the mods update their post with some better info.

This is getting to be a disaster…

And webmail is stuffed again 😞 

SandraDJ
On our wavelength

I get the log in page, and then get timed out after entering my log in details.  This is crazy.

JAKibble
Tuning in

No email service since Sunday evening. Today all my email data, history and folders have been wiped clean.

Apparently Virgin media has sent customers a message about email problems. With no email service, could someone explain how it can be opened and read???