cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of Email - F010762348

ModTeam

Resolved

Hi,

We are aware that some customers are experiencing issues with their email service and are very sorry for the inconvenience this is causing. Our teams are working flat out to fully restore all emails as soon as possible.

ModTeam

Update 13/07/23 - This has now been resolved. If you are still having issues, please make your own separate post giving as much detail as possible.

3,132 REPLIES 3,132

Looks like a mailbox failure at VM as different email ids (not just VM served) are being identified as failing. 

Not sure if you can use a different mailbox over a VM Connection.

Windows 10 Mail

Step 1 - Find out whether you’re using POP or IMAP
  1. Open Mail then select Settings
  2. Select Manage Accounts
  3. Select your Virgin Media Mail account
  4. Select Change Mailbox sync settings
  5. Select Advanced mailbox settings

You will see the IMAP or POP mailboxes for Incoming and the SMTP Mailbox for Outgoing. 
    The defaults are  IMAP.virginmedia.com POP.virginmedia.com and SMTP.virginmedia.com
    https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Help/Virgin-Media-Email-settings/td-p/3166396

And if VM have been working on a fault or upgrade over the weekend it should have been notified.  And Support staff made available outside working hours to deal with queries.  

jhuk
Trouble shooter

Same here inc Webmail.

Same here (there is more than one thread on topic).

I would guess a server issue.

Yes, there is a recent problem (starting from 23/06/23) with all VirginMedia emails (including legacy emails, such as ntlworld.com and blueyonder.co.uk) I believe.

Some other folks have been discussing this in a thread, here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Connection-timed-out-error-on-my-ntlworld-com-email/td-p/...

I'm hopeful for a fix as soon as reasonably possible, as I have important emails to send today via my ntlworld.com address.

I agree. Still not working. Not a Windows issue as does not work on Ipad or going into email directly from the Virgin Media website. Get a message saying appsuite timed out, try reloading page. Either Virgin is doing some work and haven't said anything or they don't know about the problem.

Anyone know how to easily report the fact that email is not working? When ringing up you only get options to report errors on Broadband, TV or Phone. If you select broadband, they test the system and say there are no issues with the Broadband and then send a link for you to try and fix it yourself.

Just extra info - get this message for all email accounts when using Microsoft Outlook on Windows 10.
Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92) : 'Your email server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password for this account in Account Settings. The server responded: -ERR [SYS/TEMP] Account is temporarily unavailable.'

My gmail and yahoo seem okay, but the Virgin accounts fail with...

Sending of password for user ###@###.com did not succeed. Mail server pop3.virginmedia.com responded: [SYS/TEMP],  Account is temporarily unavailable.

My Win_10 Thunderbird mail app auto-updated to 102.12.0 on 18 Jun at 12:51:02

D'uh, I'm going to re-boot PC back to mobo splash-screen, go for a drink of water, try to get another nap despite heat...

PhilParry
On our wavelength

Hi - I had a problem with receiving emails on my virginmedia account on Outlook - I was getting pop-ups stating 'Enter your user name and password for the following server - IMAP.virginmedia.com. My email address and password were already in the pop-up, and re-typing them made no difference. I therefore removed my virginmedia account from Outlook with the intention of adding it in again.

I have been in contact with Microsoft Help - who have been very helpful - and they have asked a few questions including whether I could access my emails through webmail. When I logged into Virgin Media Webmail I got the following error message  'A temporary failure occurred during login. Please try again later.'  When the message disappeared there were no emails in my webmail account - surely removing my virginmedia email account from Outlook should not affect Webmail??

Microsoft are asking whether there are any server issues that would affect my Webmail account??

Thanks in anticipation of your help!

See also this thread re App Specific Passwords.  No proper notification to Customers by VM

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Legacy-email-account-NTLWorld/m-p/5338576

But note that App Specific Passwords are only required for Mail Client Apps (Outlook, Thunderbird etc).
Access though MyVM Login still uses the main MyVM password.

Attempting to access Webmail via My VM > Menu (three horizontal bar icon) > email     
currently reports a 'Temporary Fault'.