cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

+++ Known Issue+++ "Your Virgin Media Mail account is currently unavailable" RESOLVED

ModTeam

Hi All, 

We are aware of an issue affecting some customers being unable to access their Virgin Media Email accounts this morning. This has been raised and our team are currently investigating this issue. We will have this resolved as quickly as possible.

Ticket ref: F011208525

+++UPDATE+++
This issue is now resolved

43 REPLIES 43

I think webmail logins are broken. I can still access my email using a client application on IMAP protocol. I am waiting in a massive chat queue with VM to find out more.

If you're experiencing issues with your email account being locked or unavailable despite attempting to reset your password without success, here are some steps you can take:

Check for Account Lockout Policies: Some email providers have security measures in place that lock accounts after multiple failed login attempts or suspicious activity. Check the support documentation or contact the customer support of your email provider to inquire about any account lockout policies and how to resolve them.

Verify Correct Password Reset Process: Ensure that you are following the correct password reset process provided by your email provider. Typically, this involves visiting the official website of your email service and following the instructions for password recovery or reset. Make sure you're entering the correct email address associated with the account.

Check Spam/Junk Folder: Sometimes, password reset emails may end up in the spam or junk folder of your email account. Check these folders to see if the password reset email was inadvertently filtered.

Contact Customer Support: If the password reset process isn't working or if you believe your account has been compromised, contact the customer support of your email provider for assistance. They may be able to verify your identity and help you regain access to your account.

Provide Necessary Information: Be prepared to provide any necessary information to verify your identity and ownership of the email account. This may include security questions, alternate email addresses, phone numbers, or any other account recovery options you have set up.

Consider Two-Factor Authentication: If you have two-factor authentication (2FA) enabled for your email account, ensure that you have access to the secondary authentication method (e.g., phone number, authenticator app) required to complete the login process.

Check for Service Outages: Occasionally, email service providers may experience temporary outages or technical issues that can affect account access. Check the official website or social media channels of your email provider for any announcements regarding service disruptions.

Where can we get help?.

same problem here, i changed main accoutn password, and got the new app password

still can't access web mail BUT on a pc using thunderbird i can access email using the new "app" password

ModTeam

Hi All, 

We are aware of an issue affecting some customers being unable to access their Virgin Media Email accounts this morning. This has been raised and our team are currently investigating this issue. We will have this resolved as quickly as possible. 

Thanks

ModTeam

you are lucky, when i try and call from my mobile it doesn't recognise the " 1 " prompt on the keypad so i have to press the incorrect " 2 " then hold then get cut off.

yep same mess here. Locked out of email.

Trying to get through to VM on phone doesnt work, because it doesnt recognise the keyboartd numbers. Just  an added layer of annoyance. 

How long will this issue take to be resolved?

Mcac666
Joining in

This has happened a few times now I can`t get you on the phone after 2 x 30-minute phone calls ( on hold ) this morning. I am expecting a time-sensitive email which is going to cost me now. While you are trying to fix this can you sort out why I can`t send files by email ( and it`s not the size of the file ) I did mention this to the Virgin help people when I reported this Your Virgin Media Mail account is currently unavailable" last time it happened. 

admars
Dialled in

seems to be working again now