cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt broadband benefits not applied

scarter177
Tuning in

I got Virgin FTTP installed on the 23rd August and have the M500 package with the symmetrical upload speed add-on. I was told that as I and everyone in my household already have an o2 pay monthly plan that we'd be upgraded to the Volt 1gig package within 14 days. The o2 part of the Volt benefits (EU Roaming/Double Data) have been applied already but we're still waiting on Gig 1 to be activated. I saw that it says contact VM if it hasn't been applied within the 14 days, as it's now day 16. 

I've tried contacting VM today but the waiting times were horrendous, would anyone be able to help here?

Many thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

scarter177
Tuning in

I have tried contacting VM again today through Live Chat on the Virgin Media App (the website link does not work on any of my browsers on desktop), after waiting almost 2 HOURS for a response, the app has a connection error and kicks me out of the chat. I've only been with Virgin Media for just over 2 weeks and support is already an absolute joke, but I'm forced to be with them as they're the only ISP that provides above 30mbps speed in my area. 

Hey scarter177, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

You need to link them via the O2 account and then this can take up to 14 working days to be applied.

Are you getting any errors?

Please go to here and some tips and advice on how to activate it. 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matthew, I have already requested the volt benefits in the My o2 app (almost 3 weeks ago), and the volt benefits for my o2 plan have already been activated as mentioned in my post. It has been 20 days now and my virgin media gig1 volt upgrade has still not happened. 

Sorry to hear this issue is still ongoing @scarter177  To best look into this, we are sending you a private message. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. Let me know if you have any issues locating this.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs