cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt and O2 eligible products

snowmen
On our wavelength

Hi,

Not sure if I am posting this in the right place - if not please feel free to move. I have found this community to be a very helpful resource.

I have a current deal with virgin media including a £25 unlimited sim.

The O2 part of that contract expires in a week or so.

What other O2 sims can I go on to to retain volt benefits with my virgin media package? Is it any monthly O2 sim contract excluding PAYG?

Also, if i am pricing round I get better deals using Uswitch which seems to route through the main O2 website for confirmation. Is this an acceptable way of getting an O2 product that would be eligible for Volt benefits?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

unisoft
Well-informed

any monthly O2 SIM. Doesn't have to be part of a bundle package from VM. Must be in same name and address though (I don't think this has changed). My own was from uswitch.com and worked fine (when I was a VM customer). Now I have left VM I still have double data on my O2 SIM but I am giving that the boot in favour of uncapped data speed on EE using 1pmobile, with voLTE, 5G and WiFi calling and all frequency bands. 25GB for £10 no contract. The difference was amazing!!! Slo2 was just too average with data speeds like ADSL mostly everywhere I went from Kent to London to East Anglia with the odd cell supporting 40mbps but usually 3mbps -12mbps on average. Even on 5G, the odd cell was 170mbps+ but most were 8-30mbps! Those were the range of speeds achieved, but most common was 8mbps or lower....

snowmen
On our wavelength

Thanks for the reply and useful information!

Good to know any monthly sim will do and you can do it through uswitch which offer better deals than the standalone O2 website.

@snowmen wrote:

Thanks for the reply and useful information!

Good to know any monthly sim will do and you can do it through uswitch which offer better deals than the standalone O2 website.

I changed several times (my Tariff) whilst in contract using USWITCH.com every time. It just restarts a new 12 month contract and nulls the old if you login during the checkout process (as O2 checkout by that stage). O2 a few months ago added a warning about early termination charges, but it gets zeroed out in the checkout confirmation page (as they advertise you can change your tariff at any time so to action the warning could be trouble for them). With uswitch.com, you'll get the option to login to your O2 account, and to select that you don't want a new SIM sent.

snowmen
On our wavelength

I am out of my contract part of the O2 sim now and have moved onto a 30 day rolling contract at the same price.

If I were to change via Uswitch to a cheaper tariff does this happen at the end of this new 30 day period? Or does it happen straight away? Unsure what happens if it is the latter as I would be moving to a much cheaper monthly amount.

Hi Snownen,

If you were to take a new deal Via U switch this would be done 30 days later, you would first need to cancel your account to take the new dealt, you may have to be a none customer for a further month to take a new customer deal.

Regards

Paul.