cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck in O2 contract after Virgin cancelled order/installation

mattylloyd07
Joining in

I order the £70 offer Virgin Media volt package on 13/12/23 (£45 TV and broadband, £25 O2), the Sim came within a couple of days of the order, the original installation date was the 29/12/23 this was then moved to 18/01/24 which is fine. I then received an email on the 15/01/24 saying my order has been cancelled by the construction team. I'm not stuck in an O2 contract which O2 want over £400 to cancel due to the cooling off period of 14 days being exceeded. I've been unsuccessful negotiating with O2 and as it was Virgin that sold me the service I would like them to cancel the contract and ensure I will not be charged and maybe even refund the 2 months of O2 i'll be paying for, I've yet to activate the SIM card as it was really unwanted it was just a sweetener for the package.

Is it possible to report this somewhere? as I feel it was sold as a package deal and the package hasn't been delivered as sold or delivered at all to be honest.

2 REPLIES 2

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

O2 do have a way of dealing with this but it does require Virgin transferring you to a special department at O2. Their normal Customer Services can't deal with this scenario

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @mattylloyd07 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community Forums. Apologies for the issues you have had with an unsuccessful installation due to Virgin not being able to service your area as well as cancelling your O2 sim, so that we can take a look further into this, we would need to bring you in for a private message.

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina