cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box stuck on loop

Henrikno71
Dialled in

Hi I had to reset my V6 box because it was out of storage and it is saying that it'll take an hour; it's been going back to the welcome screen and then saying that this could take up to an hour. It's been 3 hours now and it's showing a download sign; again it's just in a constant loop. I've checked all the cables and changed it to a different room and it's still the same. I have also tried to hold the power button and the - button but it's still doing the same thing. Any help is appreciated.

On the virgin media app it's telling me this: Our checks have detected an issue with this box:

The TV box isn't connecting

3 REPLIES 3

Henrikno71
Dialled in

Hi the box has eventually reset fully and working again; I won't be resetting the other box in a hurry as it was some carry on, not good enough from virgin media especially when you pay a small fortune for their services. Think twice before resetting your TV box 🔧

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That sounded very close to what is commonly called the Green screen of death. 

It's usually a green screen and displays message “the DVR has detected a serious problem and is trying to fix it; do not switch off for 3 hours”

When that error occurs if by some miracle it does recover it's only a matter of time before it fails completely.

I would keep a careful eye on the box and also watch as many of yuor recording as possible. Also make a note of your series links.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi , thanks for your reply it certainly seemed like it was on its way out, and for weeks now I've had trouble watching films and sports with the pictures freezing and being unable to watch but I will keep an eye on it as suggested. Although it seems ok for now on the films and sports channels. Fingers crossed 🤞