cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

two part movie doesn't record second half of movie with ent news

DanFans
Tuning in

Upgraded to 360 about 3 weeks ago and still getting used to the system. When we are recording a movie with an entertainment news segment in the middle, the box does not record the second half of the film. We have set it as a series link before the film starts and both segments have the planned recording red circle next to them. No luck. We have tried adding 3 hours onto the end of the recording to cover the second half of the film but the box does not record the additional 3 hours. We have tried factory resetting the box twice and it has not made any difference. Its very frustrating and wished we hadn't changed. also, how can there be no undelete section on a new system.

17 REPLIES 17

Hi Daniel,

It has been over a week since your message and I was wondering if there was an update from the product team. We are still experiencing the same problem and to be honest we are not happy that we are paying for your service and are not being able to record the programmes that we want to. Since we have had the 360 box we have had nothing but problems. We have also discovered now that if you want to cancel a series link it then deletes all the programmes that you have recorded to date and as there is no deleted folder (like on the previous Tivo box) where you were able restore deleted programmes they are now permanently gone. Please can you provide an update. If these issues can't be resolved, are we able to go back to the Tivo box?

Thanks

Godzz
Joining in

Totally agree this 360 is just a box of crap. I'm getting the same problem, indicates both parts to be recorded but only the first part records. I'm using my Humax to record shows again, it works unlike this rubbish, it also has an undelete folder if I delete by accident and cancelling series link leaves the pre recorded intact. TiVo rules this junk is just junk, I couldn't recommend this to anyone, probably useless as a door stop as well. 

@Godzz wrote:

Totally agree this 360 is just a box of crap. I'm getting the same problem, indicates both parts to be recorded but only the first part records.

Is it only certain channels because l haven't seen this since a software update some time ago. Is your box manufactured by Humax or Arris, if you go to Settings, Info, About, it will tell you, I have read that some older Arris boxes may have more problems.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @DanFans 

I've asked the Modteam to check for any updates from the product team, and also passed on the latest info regarding the second part of Aurora Teagarden Mysteries still failing to record.

When I tested and played back the recordings I made from Friday 26th May (episode 13) and episode 14 which aired today (30th May) the issue remained - I haven't been able to replicate this issue with any other program which is split into two parts.

If you go to Recordings > Planned Recordings > View all, and highlight the series by clicking OK, and then click on the delete icon, you are shown a screen with the option to 'Cancel series recording'.

This screen also has text advising,' Doing this will cancel the current episode and all scheduled recordings for this series'
This method does not delete your pre-recorded show(s)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

HeatherDavies
Joining in

i am experiencing exactly the same issues. Particularly when a film has a break with Great Movie News and only records 1hr of a 2hr film. I am keen to hear any solution that Virgin come up with pls.

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @HeatherDavies,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you have been having this issue, its not the service we wish to provide.

I have gone and reached out to the Products team with regards to this for you, once I have any updates I will inform you of the best course of action for this.

Cheers. Joe

I have the same problem, 360 only recording first part of a movie on great movies channel namely Aurora tiergarten. You always give the same reply to this problem “ that you have reached out to the products team. “ but still do not come back with a solution. Get it sorted please.

Hey Tony4455,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post. I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your box not recording the second part of movies, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L