cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Essentials

Andyb28
Joining in

I've been offered (after cancelling) a renewal package that includes my existing Virgin  TV 360 box, M250 Fibre broadband, Line rental and weekend chatter but a DOWNGRADE to TV Essentials. Nowhere on the website or via the links in the offer email does it tell me what channels you get on TV Essentials ? I read other similar posts on here that did not clarify either

I called Virgin , but even the helpful guy ( couldn't see my offer online ) could not tell me what TV Essentials meant ( he only knew about Broadband essential ) . He even asked around with his colleagues, best guess they come up with was I would get some sort of stream box with 40 channels, but I can seen clearly on my offer it is the ( my existing ) TV360 box - so its not that.

So how many channels is TV Essentials please ( and a list would be great ). Else just have to let the cancellation run its course and switch provider

14 REPLIES 14

Hi @Andyb28 , 

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. We are still looking into this for you. Can I just clarify, was this an email you received? or is this showing through your online account?

If this is an email, does it contain a link you follow which then lets you view this package, as I can see from the picture you kindly sent, this shows 'step1'. 

Thanks

Modteam

Hi

I had an email offering a deal to renew.  The link to me into my account,  and then the  screenshot is the offer received ( step1). Step 2 would then send me the pre contract documents and I imagine step 3 is where I  accept 

Thanks for getting back to us @Andyb28 , We're keen to provide the correct information so have reached out to our support team for further clarification on this. They've asked if we can get a copy of your initial offer email, as this may contain personal information please could you send a screenshot/picture of this to us at the ModTeam account?

Thanks

ModTeam

Hi

The original email is unlikely to help as all it does say is tha5 my existing deal ended and a link to renew contract,  which then takes me to my account and the offer.  Interestingly the pre-contract pdfs that I received ( from Step 2) clearly referenced TV Essentials.  I renewed pending confirmation,  I've received that this morning,  and my final contract states no removal of any services and lists my TV service as the Mixit option ( which I had previously)

From everyone I've talked at Virgin I can only deduce that nobody knew exactly what TV Essentials actually covered...so it's reverted to what I already had

ModTeam

Hi all,

Apologies for the delay in updating this thread. 

We have now had it confirmed that 

TV essentials is the same as Mixit TV, it's just named slightly differently, but inclusive channels are the same. 

Regards,

Community Moderation Team