cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is "TV Essentials"?

Enten
On our wavelength

My present contract with VM has come to an end and I've been offered a new Broadband + TV package.  The TV service offered is "TV Essentials".  In my existing package I have Mix TV and I don't want a smaller package.  I cannot find what "TV Essentials" comprises: the VM website and online/chatbot etc info services are not helpful.  I'd be grateful for some info. 

Thanks in advance

16 REPLIES 16

Hi Domhnall

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community.

TV essential is a basic TV package which would be less channels than Maxit.

We are unable to do package reviews via the forums.

Please call the team and they can go trough all the options available for you and what exactly they include. 

Please call on 150 from a Virgin Media Landline or 03454541111 from any other phone or alternatively send the team a message via WhatsApp: 07305 327 112.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

allyjw
Tuning in

I've just had an email offer with 'TV Essentials' too - I'm currently on Mix TV.  I thought it was a really good deal at first, but if I'm going to lose some channels then its not so good.

Has anyone had confirmation of what TV Essentials is - is it just the free-to-air channels that you can get on Freeview/Freesat?  I'm not too fussed about a lot of the channels, but Eurosport is a must-have.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @allyjw, thank you for your post 😀

In order to clarify what is meant by "TV Essentials", we'd advise you to refer to this thread here

If you have any further queries after reading through it, please don't hesitate to pop back to us.

Regards,
Daniel

Hi there.  To be honest, those links don't really help.  But from other answers it looks like Essentials has less channels than I have now, even though the email says my package will stay the same - which is not very good communication.

Regards, Alison

Hi Alison, thank you for your response.

We're sorry to hear you feel this way 😔 We always take on board feedback we receive and will certainly pass this information along to the relevant teams.

If you wish to discuss your package, you can reach us online (virg.in/contactvm), by calling 150 from your Virgin Media landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone.

Regards,
Daniel

I phoned up and confirmed that 'TV Essentials' is just the bare basics.  I managed to secure an upgrade from Mix to Maxit for a pretty good price. 👍

Hi Alison, that's great to hear 😀

If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to contact us. 

Regards,
Daniel