cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky sports red button live US Open Tennis freezing intermittently.

Jinglis51
Joining in

Trying to watch US Open live through Sky Sports red button. All matches selectable but after a short time the picture freezes, sometimes for a second or two or sometimes for 20 or 30 seconds. Tried selection other red button live sports, i.e . Football or golf a they also freeze. 
Contacted Virgin several days ago via their chat line, twice in two days, to be given the usual run around of checking cables, rebooting tv boxes (updated 360 boxes) and rebooting hub. All not doing a thing, as expected. Was told by one advisor that Sky servers were not coping!! I was told that my complaint would be prioritised and escalated to higher members! Still waiting. 

On third day I actually managed to speak with an advisor and again went through the usual reboot and cable check. This time he indicated that there was an issue with Sky Sports+ app on box so had to do a factory reset. This was carried out but, guess what picture still freezing. I have heard nothing back from anyone at Virgin so was probably told a load of crap about escalation and that the problem would resolve itself!

I notice several people, both Virgin customers and even Sky customers themselves reporting exact same issue. 
Do Virgin actually listen to customers or do they just turn a blind eye to these types of issues. 
As stated this is an issue only with Sky Sports red button live. I can watch BBC iplayer; Amazon prime; Netflix and stream Virgin catch-up programs and films, so no issue with broadband.

Get with it Virgin. You are living up to your poor reputation for customer care.  

4 REPLIES 4

ozsat
Superstar

The issue seems to be at Sky - their own users are reporting the same issues on the apps on mobiles and their own set top boxes.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

Grimble2000
On our wavelength

Similar problem. I can’t access anything that’s popular on Skysports +, just get a spinning wheel while it tries to stream. Interestingly I can get the overlays, so on F1 I cannot watch the main feature but I can get all the feeds. Starting to wonder what I’m paying for with my  sky sports package 

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Jinglis51, thank you for reaching out and I am so sorry to hear this, also a warm welcome to the community.

Is it only happening on Sky, is it happening on anything else at all?

How was it over the weekend?

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Sorry for late reply. The issue was only Sky. Gave up trying to watch tennis and left till no need to use red button live to watch the finals of the US tennis open. 
Not heard anything from Virgin regarding this issue, which doesn’t surprise me. 
will try again in next occasion I want to use red button on sky.