cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: OOPs. we couldn’t connect to Virgin box1

KTBATH
Joining in

Hi there, I'm having exactly the same problem, when I try to access a recording from the main 360 box to watch on the mini box. It came up with OOPs. We couldn’t connect to Virgin TV 1. I called out a Virgin engineer who said I must keep my main box on permanently and not let it ever go into standby, which I have doe but the problem has got much worse, I now cannot watch any recordings on the minibox (This was the main reason for getting the mini box). The wifi upstairs with the mini box is excellent, the Virgin diagnostics show an excellent signal capable of UltraHD viewing, I have tried resetting everything, still it doesn't work, do I need a new 360 main box or minibox?

25 REPLIES 25

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @KTBATH 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums, it's great to have you here. 

We are so sorry that you have faced these issues and we have split this to your own thread so we can check this individually. 

Can I ask if this happens across all recordings? Are you still getting an error message when you try to access them? Also just to confirm, are the recording showing OK on the main box? 

Hi Ashleigh, thank you for your reply, this is a very intermittent problem, sometimes the recordings on TV2 minibox upstairs work OK, sometimes (mostly) they don't work on TV2 minibox upstairs and we get the 'OOPS' message. All the recordings work perfectly OK downstairs on the main 360 box TV1. Keith

Hi @KTBATH, thank you for your response. 

Beyond the message you're getting, is there an error code showing on the screen? Also, is the power button on the front of the mini box lit with the colour white?

Regards,
Daniel

KTBATH
Joining in

Hi Daniel, thank You for your message, I confirm that there are no other error messages or codes on the screen, and that both the main box and the mini box have white lights on the front. I have attached some photos of the actual problem, KIMG_20230512_081356967_HDR[1].jpgIMG_20230512_081322935_HDR[1].jpgIMG_20230512_074436824_HDRc.jpgind Regards, Keith

Tavis75
Super solver

Have you checked the signal on the main box? As the streaming is between the two boxes maybe the main box has a poor signal?

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @KTBATH 

Thanks for your response

Are you able to check the main signal on the box for us please? If the signal is weak to the main box this would affect the capabilities of the mini box too

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

OK, will do that now...

Hi Travis_M,  I have run the diagnostics on the main TV connected to Main TV1 Box and have attached the results, we don't have any problems with Netflix or iPlayer or youTube any other App on either TV, just playing the recordings on TV2 is the only problem, Thanks, KeithIMG_20230521_110135855.jpgIMG_20230521_110115149.jpg

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Keith 

You could  run the same diagnostics on the other  box to check the internet connection since it's TV2 (the mini box) that isn't connecting to TV1 (the main box) where the recordings are stored.

If the Main Box isn't ready to accept the request from the mini box then you won't be able to play the recordings.

The main box needs to be on either Fast Start or Active Start. If it's set to Eco Start, or turned off when the request is made then the Mini box can't see it.

Go to Settings > System > Standby power consumption. You have 3 choices.
Fast start  - the 360 starts quickly but is less energy efficient
Active start - more energy efficient than fast start but the box takes a little longer to start up
Eco start - the most energy efficient and probably the one you're using. It uses minimal power but takes a while to start.
The first two options are best if you have a mini box and want to watch a recording on it

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali