cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting Prime App

Holly9
Tuning in

My prime app on the TV is logged into my exhusband.I want to delete it/re-install or log out of his account and in with mine but as soon as you click on the app it automatically logs into his new family's account! (Hadnt logged in since he left it seems) The only other thread explaining what to do does not work as the app automatically logs in so no way offers logging out.Help please!

5 REPLIES 5

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Horizon TV boxes are not like an Andriod or Apple device. The apps are controlled by Virgin via the box firmware & not by the user as the boxes remain Virgin property.

The only option is a factory reset (or as near as you can get to one). I am still on TiVO firmware, but there are plenty of V360 users around that will know more.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Holly9 

When Prime loads let it sign in with your ex husbands details and then press the left button and go down and click on Settings.
Now press OK and scroll down 9 times and highlight Sign out and click the OK button on the 360 remote. You will see an on screen prompt asking if you are sure you want to sign out. Scroll across and highlight Sign Out and click OK on the 360 remote, and then OK again on ther next screen.
Then highlight and click on Sign In and follow the onscreen instructions to either use the QR code shown on your 360 screen, or sign in via a web page (amazon.co.uk/mytv) on your mobile device or computer, and enter the code shown on your 360 screen. (You use your own amazon prime details on the amazon.co.uk/mytv page)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you. Had tried this previously and tried it again but it doesn't work, When it logs in it goes straight to one of the family members (similar to how Netflix logs in)so I can't press the left button as nothing happens, I only have the choice of clicking on said profiles which I have no intention of doing. Apologies for my delay in replying...

Thank you, will try and see if I can do a factory reset from guidance on this forum

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Holly9

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums. Did the reboot help? How is it looking since your post? Thank you @nodrogd and @newapollo for your advice on this.
Thanks,
Zoie