cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Sync problem with new 360 box

MrUnhappy2
On our wavelength

I have had the new V6 /360 box for 10 days and have problems with the audio synchronisation.

My TV is a 4 year old 50" Sony Bravia with Sony sound bar. When I had the Tivo and the model before it I never had any problems.

The audio is okay with the soundbar off but when using the soundbar the audio drifts after about 5 mins. I have tried Dolby On/Off settings , audio delay set to 20m/sec and follow audio On/Off. All work for 5 mins then drift. 

I have telephoned Virgin on 2 occasions the 2nd time getting through to their 2nd tier support. Went through all the power down re-boot etc  but still the same issues.

Anyone else have this problem and any suggestions?

Thnks

365 REPLIES 365

Hi Gadgetman5, 

Thanks for posting your update and I'm sorry to hear that the sync issue creeps back in every so often. 

Can you confirm which software version your 360 is running on? 

We're still waiting on confirmation of if this new update cleared the sync issues and if not, then the next steps. 

Once Jodi has a reply, she will pop it in this thread 🙂

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath

software version 4.33.

Kind regards

John

Thank you for letting us know @Tommo881

I have flagged this up with Jodi for an update. We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Tommo881
On our wavelength

I can confirm that the problem has not been fixed. When will it be fixed Virginmedia?

Thanks

Thank you for the update @Tommo881

Sorry to hear the issue is ongoing. I will also chase this for an update with our team.

We apologise again for any inconvenience caused by this.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Hi @Gadgetman5 and @Tommo881.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. 

We have tested your equipment and been unable to replicate the fault you are both experiencing. We have also exhausted all options internally. 

In this case, we would advise Gadget rescue where our team can take a look at your devices and provide a resolution for the fault. You can find out more here  https://www.virginmedia.com/help/gadget-rescue.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

AvaAdore
On our wavelength

Is this a joke? 

As many people have said in this thread, unlike with the Tivo software it is still not possible to use the automatic mode to automatically get the 360 box to pass a video signal to the TV without upscaling / downscaling it, which can cause sound processing issues.

Please fix this bug and make the 'automatic' video setting pass the signal to the TV for processing without changing the broadcast resolution.

It is a bug that it doesn't behave this way already and is a regression from the Tivo software. This will fix many of the sound issues, including mine.

AvaAdore
On our wavelength

Sorry to bang on but one more point - I know that the hardware does not need to be replaced because the very same hardware worked fine as a Tivo box. This proves that it's a software problem, that you can and should fix, and that hardware replacement is totally pointless.

Robert969
On our wavelength

The equipment may be OK but the software isn't. This issue only happened for me after upgrading my software to the 360 version. All hardware is Still identical but as soon as the software updated from the V6 to 360 software the audio issue happened immediately. The only way to minimise the problem is to turn a lot of the sound features off

Hi all,

Looking further into this issue, we have now raised a fault ticket under reference F009175618.

Our team will aim to resolve this as soon as possible.

We thank you in advance for your patience,

Akua_A
Forum Team