cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit file amendment

GreatVM001
Joining in

Hi 

I have been using virgin mobile more than 10 years. In my credit file there was a payment of £14 was default in Jan 2022. But how and why it happened I was completely unaware. I found out from my virgin media customer service there has NOT been any outstanding default payment in my account. Moreover, it cannot be with Virgin Media TV, Broadband, internet as I did not have any account with Virgin Media.

I need to get my credit file cleared from Virgin Media otherwise I will not get house finance and I will lose the house. I sent an email to creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk. I would appreciate if Virgin Media expedite my credit file amendment after necessary action. 

Best wishes

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi GreatVM001, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear there is a default on your credit file that you were previously unaware of. Based on what you've posted, it sounds like you already done what you need to do and that is emailing the credit amendments team. The team usually pick these emails up within 21 days. This isn't something we can expedite from here I'm afraid. You'll need to leave the credit amendments team investigate and come back to you directly. 

In order for them to investigate this and look at things, we would need the following information from you so if you've not already included any of this, it's worth popping an updated email over to them so they have all the information they need. Please ensure you send a copy of your credit file along with the following information:

• ➡ Virgin Mobile account number
  • ➡ Full name
  • ➡ Contact number
  • ➡ Account address
  • ➡ The company that you used to view your credit file
  • ➡ Any specific details related to the credit file enquiry. 

Once the team have this information, they will investigate and action any amendments. Keep us posted on how things go. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi GreatVM001, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear there is a default on your credit file that you were previously unaware of. Based on what you've posted, it sounds like you already done what you need to do and that is emailing the credit amendments team. The team usually pick these emails up within 21 days. This isn't something we can expedite from here I'm afraid. You'll need to leave the credit amendments team investigate and come back to you directly. 

In order for them to investigate this and look at things, we would need the following information from you so if you've not already included any of this, it's worth popping an updated email over to them so they have all the information they need. Please ensure you send a copy of your credit file along with the following information:

• ➡ Virgin Mobile account number
  • ➡ Full name
  • ➡ Contact number
  • ➡ Account address
  • ➡ The company that you used to view your credit file
  • ➡ Any specific details related to the credit file enquiry. 

Once the team have this information, they will investigate and action any amendments. Keep us posted on how things go. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

GreatVM001
Joining in

Hi there was a default of non payment recorded on my account on January 2022 bil. I spoke to virgin mobile customer service and I was told that there is no outstanding payment on my account. 

My mortgage is withheld obviously because of default payment. 

Could virgin media credit file reporting team amend my credit file please as a matter of priority please? I would be greatly appreciated if you could amend my credit filing. 

Best wishes 

Hi Kath 

Ref: KMM115747435V1319L0KM

I have sent email to creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk. upon your advice with relevant information you asked for. 

But the receiving the response within 21 days is quite anxious moment. Hope your credit file reporting time would come up with an amicable solution. 

Best wishes

Thanks for the update GreatVM001,

The team will endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible.

Alex_Rm