cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being charged for an o2 SIM card we did not want!!

tom2606
Joining in

Hello, I’m wondering if anyone can help? 

My partner and I had took out a package with Virgin last August for Broadband and basic TV. At the time of the order the seller on the phone was urging my partner that we take an O2 SIM card as part of the package as it was “FREE”. My partner explicitly told the seller “NO” as we both have sim contracts already and that we did not need it. Unsurprisingly the SIM card was sent out to us anyway regardless of us already saying no to it. To this day the SIM has not been used, yet we have just recently received a bill for the SIM card. After speaking to both Virgin Media & O2 about this they both keep passing the blame on to one another, which is making us feel lost on where to turn to next. Upon further investigation it turns out that an account has been set up for this SIM card without our permission or authorisation which seems a big strange to me personally. 

Does anyone know what we can do as we do not want to make payments for something we explicitly said no to and especially for something that was set up without authorisation from ourselves??

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi tom2606

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

We're sorry to hear you've had an unexpected bill from O2.

I'll send you a private message now so I can take a closer look.

Please look out for the envelope in the top right of the page and pop back to me when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide