cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to login to TV Control app

MaffewE
Dialled in

I have upgraded my phone today, and have been able to transfer set up access for almost all apps, including My Virgin Media and Virgin TV Go. However, every time I try to log in to TV Control, I get an error message.

I am certain I am entering the correct username and password, as they are accepted both by the other two apps, and by the Virgin Media website. On occasion, I am asked to complete the captcha element. However, after this point, I always receive a screen titled 'Sign In Error', with the text 'General Error' and only the options to 'Try again' or 'Return to sign in'.

I have tried clearing the app cache and user data, uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times, but with no improvement - the issue continues in the same fashion even when reinstalled.

Looking in this forum, I note that many others seem to be experiencing the same or similar issues. Why is TV Control not working when the other two apps are with the same log in details, and how can this issue be resolved?

3 REPLIES 3

VMViewer
Fibre optic

Another here with the same problem!

Please could someone at VM log this and get it fixed.

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @MaffewE thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.  

Sorry to hear you're unable use the TV Control app at this time and for any inconvenience this may be causing. I would love to help you resolve this. I am going to send you a private message. Please keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi @VMViewer thanks for posting, too.

Sorry to hear you're also unable use the TV Control app at this time and for any inconvenience this may be causing. I would love to help you resolve this. I am going to send you a private message. Please keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R