cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Websafe stopped working

Edb123
Joining in

Hi 

Websafe seems to have stopped working on a number of devices in my home. It is longer blocking adult content despite being switched on. I have tried resetting it on my account but this doesn’t work. From reading the forum it appears this maybe a setting issues that only VM can resolve? 

thanks  

4 REPLIES 4

Client62
Legend

Any chance these are Apple devices that since iOS 17 are now bypassing Child Safe ?

I think this is exactly what the problem is. Do VM have a solution? 

Hey @Edb123,

Welcome back to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you have been having this issue, with this we would like to look into this further with you to see what we can do with regards to this, for me to do so I will need to confirm some information from you via private messages.

Joe

Edb123
Joining in

Quick update on this, i contacted VM through WhatsApp to advise that although Websafe was switched ON in My Account settings, it was not functioning and it was possible to view content that should be blocked.

VM responded to apologise that I wasn’t unable to view the website I wanted to view and asked if i wished to disable Websafe.

I again confirmed Websafe was active on my account but it wasn’t functioning. I confirmed I had tried turning it on and off a number of times via My Account as well as rebooting the router none of which had resolved the issue.

VM responded by saying “Thank you for the information and for waiting. I have re- turn on the Websafe access. I am glad to see it is successfully updated on the account. Rest be assured, within 1-2 hours as it take some time to re update on the account.

I would request you to please reboot the Hub and turn on after couple of minutes and Websafe will activate.

This was at 10AM this morning. At 4PM I rebooted the router and i still have the same problem.

I was then contacted by VM via this forum and asked a lengthy series of security questions only for the VM Forum Team member to offer no advice or solution to resolve the issue!! Hugely unimpressed with VMs response to this problem!