cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTLworld email account compromised

ninjasquirrel
Joining in

Hello all,

I have an old NTLWorld email account that is still active.

It's recently been compromised and after an hour or so on the phone to VM, they're unable to help me get this email account either deleted, or for me/them to change the password.

Any idea how I can get this sorted, because whoever has access to it at the moment is using it to sign up to all manner of things.

Many thanks in advance

NS

5 REPLIES 5

Hi Ash_,

Thanks for replying.

Interesting threads; thanks.

However, I'm still unable to get access to change my password or even cancel the account. Meanwhile someone has hacked it and is using it to sign up for all manner of other things.

Anyone able to help please?

Hi ninjasquirrel,

We're sorry to hear your email account has been compromised :(.

Is the email account linked to a current active broadband account with us?

If not, we can't assist with any diagnostic help such as re setting the password.

If you just want the email account closed however, we can raise this with our IT team to close.

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Vikki,

No, this email account was left over from many many years ago when I was with NTL. It then migrated to Virgin Media ... but no longer have an account with VM.

If I can't reset the password, then what do I need to do to get the email address closed down?

Thanks

NS

Thanks for coming back to us @ninjasquirrel and confirming that this is indeed connected to a former account and therefore should be been previously closed down.

I'd be happy to pick this up with the aim of having this removed by our IT team.

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Thanks,

David_Bn