cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Untidy installation

benawhile
Dialled in

We had our house extended and internal walls dry lined and the internet wall entry point fittings were damaged. I asked for an engineer to re-fit properly but he left it like this. 2 cables , one for the router and the phone cable with the box hanging loose. I assume I can just cut the phone cable now as we have the phone connected to the router, but surely there should be a proper socket box to stop the internet cable chafing on the brickwork and plasterwork? I don't mind fitting one myself or paying for it.IMG_20231101_173358246.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta
5 REPLIES 5

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

It was fine to reuse the hole for the phone cable but not fine to fail to install a socket. VM must send round another tech to sort it out.

And yes, the phone cable is now redundant and can be removed.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

But not like this

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi benawhile, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to see the engineer didn't install a wall box. I would like to arrange for an engineer to come to take a look at this for you. 

I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

benawhile
Dialled in

Thank you, will respond to message