cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unifi UXG Lite settings + Modem 5x 10gig

benjamin-gi
Just joined

Super excited to get Virgin into the property (only 6-7 weeks late without internet..that's another story) and I was happily surprised with the plug-and-play nature of connecting the UXG Lite to the 10Gig port (yes, 10Gig, I honestly was expected 2.5gig).

My issue happened when I set the Virgin Hub into modem mode (thank you to the person - sorry, I didn't record the name! - who shared the link as it's not available in the GUI (http://192.168.0.1/?page=modemmode), where post reboot and green LED, going to 192.168.100.1, went to nowhere.

Checked Unifi and I could see that the G2 Plus can see the internet. It sees that there is the potential for a connection, but no joy on actually getting the connection. 

Context:

• Previously used PPPoE with BT G.Fast 
  • Changed to DHCP under IPv4 (v6 disabled)
  • I had seen mention of choosing VLAN 6 for it to work..no joy

Are there any specific settings USG, UDM or UXG users are using or can share for connecting in Modem-only mode?

5 REPLIES 5

carl_pearce
Community elder

There isn't a 'working' modem mode for the HUB 5x.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

VM cheap out on letting us have a real connection to the internet with hub 5x

---------------------------------------------------------------

How would you run the ubiquiti express from the virgin router without modem mode ? Just plug it in, use the same SSID name and see what it connects to?

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The lastest software for the Unifi hubs may help the double NAT problem.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

VM just being a pain to fix security with NAT that they don't even fully support

In short they want to stop ARP Snooping and IP Snooping along with some type of CGNAT down the line

---------------------------------------------------------------