cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor quality groundwork - complaint

RegrettingVM
Joining in

Haven't searched the forums but guessing I'm not the first to consider cancelling a move to VM.

I have signed up for VM and had a surprise visit yesterday by what looks like two groundwork teams.

My wife and I were out but our Ring doorbell kept getting activated by their movement so we have ended up with some interesting footage.

On our return the work had been done (I was aware some tarmac may be dug up), but the actual dig line and box install are shoddy. The tarmac dig was unnecessary, as the cable could have been taken around a short wall. The point the cable exits the tarmac to go up into the wall-mounted VM box is about 5" from the wall itself and looks like a lazy, rushed job.

The second team of 3 contractors (QA?) who rock up are recorded on the Ring doorbell discussing how poor the install is, swearing about the poor quality, and literally point out and discuss where they would have done the install. One then takes photos and they leave.

We go live on 21st but has anyone had any luck getting groundwork rectified?

The footage backs up what we think about the poor work, and although Sky couldn't match the VM price I'm 50/50 about walking away from VM completely if this is a reflection of how customers are treated... 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

you are likely to get lots of apologies from staff on here who have absolutely no way to get anything sorted other than contacting the area field manager who again is unlikely to do much - you can raise a [pointless] complaint which will be lost or ignored or closed with a rubbish reply

give it a day or two and see what happens then imo you best action is to ring the cancellation line and cancel - that may concentrate minds and get someone out to sort the problem - but the groundworks people are sub contractors and the communication between them and VM is non existent so be prepared for nothing to get done

Tony.
Sacked VIP

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

you are likely to get lots of apologies from staff on here who have absolutely no way to get anything sorted other than contacting the area field manager who again is unlikely to do much - you can raise a [pointless] complaint which will be lost or ignored or closed with a rubbish reply

give it a day or two and see what happens then imo you best action is to ring the cancellation line and cancel - that may concentrate minds and get someone out to sort the problem - but the groundworks people are sub contractors and the communication between them and VM is non existent so be prepared for nothing to get done

Tony.
Sacked VIP

RegrettingVM
Joining in

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I've already experienced their Whatsapp 'support'. Currently 20 minutes into a call. And on hold obvs.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @RegrettingVM,

Welcome to forums and thank you for your first post 🙌 I am so sorry for what has happened and for the behaviour and quality of the work of the construction workers, this is not acceptable. Looking at our systems I can see your equipment but is not advising it is not active.
I will pop you over a PM, so I can look into this further for you and get the install up to scratch, as @-tony-  has advised we do email our AFM's but this will depend on the work, if it was done our team or the third party construction, I can get this looked into for you and I am quite tenacious. If you have the footage still this will be amazing, I really want to help you on this as we want to make sure you are happy 😊
So Just keep an eye out for the little envelope 👀📩
Thanks,
Zoie