cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation damage

SL7
Joining in

Virgin came to my house recently to do “pre installation” work. I assumed they’d be burying cables underground but instead the guys said they needed to do something with the wire from the telegraph pole?? Anyway, they attached it at the corner of the front of my house and ran the cable from it down the side of my drainpipe.

I was out most of Saturday (6th Apr 2024) and when I returned, my neighbour knocked on and informed me that my roof fascia board was hanging off the side of my house, I quickly looked up (it was dark) and to my horror, he was right.

Obviously we are concerned about this because, should the fascia come off, it will undoubtedly cause damage to cars, it could even hurt someone as many people walk past with dogs etc in my village. 

I’m attaching the 2 pictures I took the following morning when it was light. 

It is also worrying that, despite me raising a complaint through the Virgin portal about this being urgent (because of damage not only to my own house but to other property and potentially to humans walking past), Virgin still haven’t rung me to initiate remedial works?? Surely there’d be criminal consequences if any of the risks I’ve outlined, occur?

SL7_0-1712656186788.jpegSL7_1-1712656215427.jpeg

I don’t really know what else to do at this point now?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Looks like the staple hoop has only been screwed onto the plastic facia covering.  They should have used longer screw to affix the staple to the actual underlying timbers.  Bad job really !

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

It's always difficult to contact VM in cases like this. They use subcontractors who operate at arms length.

Hopefully a VM person will pick this up, take some details and pass an internal message, but that's about all they can do.

You could trying ringing the Installations number 0800 052 1734

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @SL7,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you have had this issue with your installation, we definitely want to look into this with you, for me to do so, I will be sending you a quick private message.

Joe

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Looks like the staple hoop has only been screwed onto the plastic facia covering.  They should have used longer screw to affix the staple to the actual underlying timbers.  Bad job really !

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks