cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

18 months waiting for install

JustRedYT
Joining in

I've been with Virgin Media since they took over NTL some 20+ years ago.
One house move and everything falls apart.

Moved Aug '22, was told 2 weeks install. That turned into 5 months of cancelled appointments, repeatedly stating 'still need to do outside work'.
Finally did the work outside and still kept cancelling due to 'need to do work outside' 🙄

Then all communications ceased Jan '23.
They've forgotten about me.

So I come here and post, a mod picks up the thread to 'look into it' and go figure...never gets back to me.
So I try calling them on 150 from a friends phone a few times over the months - 2 agents don't understand me and keep trying to set up a new account.
1 agent thought I was trying to make changes to the friends account/phone I was calling from.
1 agent understood me and left me on hold untill i disconnected.
Few times just sat on hold..

The worst thing is they have (had?) my landline number as I wanted to keep it - I was on the waiting list for an ASD assessment which takes on average 5 years. With only my landline to contact me, I've very much missed that so I'll have to reapply, and wait another 5 years 😫

I've had a cheap connection set up with someone else in the meantime - My cheap 'temporary' 12 month contract with them just expired 😂

I don't know where to go from here. I want my connection back but after a year and a half they still haven't run a cable from the road to the pre-drilled hole in my house - how do I make this happen? Can it still happen?

Is there a direct telephone number or email I can use or something? Phone and forums have both failed so far.
Do I just bail on VM...

Any advice appreciated, I literally haven't got a clue what to do about this..

3 REPLIES 3

Cardiffman282
Problem sorter

A good few grand is currently due to you as delayed installation automatic compensation https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/automat...

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello JustRedYT

We're sorry to hear of the installation issues from January 2023, we understand the frustration this is causing.

From looking over the previous conversations it has been over 12 months since your last post, we appreciate that you have called the team on occasion during this time to see what is happening. When did you last speak to the team in regards to this? What did they advise?

Due to the time passed, we'd recommend contacting our Sales team on 0800 183 1234.

Rob

I'd suggest Complaints rather than Sales here. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here