cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

broadband down- no hope in sight!

olic32
Joining in

1.5 weeks without broadband. 9 calls to customer support. 3 engineers booked. 1 turned up and did nothing. 2 cancelled at last minute without warning. Compensation offered a fraction of the mobile data used and costs of having to commute into office. Every time I call am given the same info - except with a brand new exciting date it will be 'fixed by. Literally renewed my contract 2 weeks ago and now this. Seems hopeless to trust anything we have been told about anyone actually dealing with this

3 REPLIES 3

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Keep phoning Area faults on 0800 561 0061 for status update. If there is an area fault all technician's visits are cancelled. This is what probably happened in your case. The compensation is agreed by the government. You only have a residential contract with no SLA.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Understood - but this does not account for callcentres repeatedly booking technicians and claiming they will fix the issue, when there is an acknowledged area fault. Additionally, cancelling technicians last minute and threatening me with a fine if I am not available is also not acceptable. Repeatedly inventing dated when the issue will be fixed, and failing to update the service page (it rarely shows faults in the area). Finally- one can be aware of the details of the contract and still expect that a company would do the bare minimum to compensate customers - it's called good service.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It is worth checking the service status number, which covers faults down to individual cabinet level that the website does not. Intermittent failures & SNR issues are difficult to trace, so can take some time to fix. The offshore call centres (which most of us hate) will do anything to fob you off & get on to the next call.

If you have no Broadband &/or Phone (it doesn't cover TV) you are due daily statutory compensation if the interruption is total & continuous for more than 2 working days.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation 

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks