Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 59 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Resolved! Virgin Media Connect App issue

Virgin media connect app is not working yet again. I have a computer paused and cannot do anything to unpause it as it continually says optimise wifi which I have done I don’t know how many times, so i deleted the app and reinstalled it and now it sa...

Connecting EV charger to my home wifi

I currently have my Hub3.0 in Modem mode, with a Deco Mesh x20 system dotted around the house.  I'd highly recommend that btw.  Anyway, I recently had an Easee One Electric Vehicle charger point installed.  It connects via 4G but suggestion is that i...

Midbaz by On our wavelength
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Poor Wi-F

Hii have already been in touch with customer services, who have arranged to send me a pod, which I have installed, but my Wi-Fi signal is still poor when I run a test via V5 connect.I live in a small bungalow the hub is located in the centre of the h...

Intermittant broadband connection

Hi all, I Have been a virgin customer for a few years with no connection issues, recently (i would say that past 2-3 months) our connection has started getting more and more intermittent, With today it being down more than its up.I have looked throug...

Hub 3 red light constantly on

Hi. I’ve had a solid red light on my hub 3 for a couple of weeks now. I’ve tried the pinhole reset of the router, and turned it off for a while but the light is still red. My internet connection and Wi-Fi seems ok, and I’ve run the broadband tests av...

petel13 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

New hub now pod doesn't work

I am so cross about this. I phoned to do a new contract and agreed to new hub etc. I said will my pod still work, yes he said. Of course it doesn't and from what I can see on here it never will until VM do something their end.So if VM are reading thi...

johnsusan by On our wavelength
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 5 keeps dropping connection

I've recently upgraded to the hub 5 as part of an account migration and I'm using it in modem mode. I've previously had the hub 3 and hub 2 running this way with no problems. The hub 5 is randomly dropping internet connection for a couple of minutes ...

ZuIsIdle by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos