cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM booster stopped working - trying again

mnsolihull
Dialled in

Hi. Posted the following some weeks ago:

Hi. I have a pair of virgin supplied power line boosters pg9072lg. Signal has been fine for ages but recently stopped. Have gone through set up and re pairing to no avail. Noticed the white power light is not on on the booster nearest the hub which suggests no power although it shows red when setting up and it is warm. Any suggestions please?

Seemingly helpful guy got involved with pm’s and said a replacement would be sent. My pm’s are now ignored and I can’t get other people interested as an agent is already involved. The agent hasn’t replied for 4 weeks and still have no WiFi. Can someone pick this up please?

mnsolihull_0-1701559069071.jpeg

Travis_M to mnsolihull
3 weeks ago

Re: VM booster stopped working

Thank you, I'm going to organise some replacement pods. I just lastly need to confirm your full home address please

7 REPLIES 7

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM no longer supply boosters. They now supply Pods. If you wait here a day or two a VM Mod will pick this up and discuss. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @mnsolihull,

Thanks for reaching back out to us, I can see that you are presently in a private message with my colleague, if you keep messaging them there, they will be able to assist you more.

Joe

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are pods "free" on your package?  Pods are only free to customers on the 1GB, Volt (or old Ultimate Oomph) packages - is that you?

If not free to you… you will be charged £8/month for up to 3 pods (note - BT charge £10/mo for their whole home wifi solution). It’s a simple solution and should work for you. However, you would soon pay off that cost by buying your own wireless solution that will be yours to own and use forever

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello mnsolihull.

Thankyou for your post.

Sorry to hear about the issue with your Boosters no longer working.
I can look into this for you. 
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the Logo top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

mnsolihull
Dialled in

Hi Gareth. Thanks but this has finally been dealt with by another agent albeit with a very unsatisfactory outcome. Apparently my Virgin supplied boosters are no longer available and you now provide pods. When I renewed my Virgin contract these were left off despite me being told that the contract was exactly the same as before so I Virgin no longer have to cover them. A previous agent who was dealing with this stated he would send some pods but since I provided my address have heard nothing from him. This has left me needing to spend money sourcing new WiFi boosters in order to continue to watch my TV. I have to say that I am very disappointed in this situation especially as I’ve been a customer for over 20 years - something that will be remembered at renewal time. 

Client62
Legend

I'm shocked how much time folks waste griping at VM Customer Support, but fail to act.

If this had been in any way critical, a Wi-Fi Mesh or Powerline extenders could have been collected same day from Argos / Screwfix / Currys or delivered next day from Amazon.

I am mildly amused at how easily some people are ‘shocked’ 🤣🤣

I was merely trying get what I believed I was already paying for.