cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent safety concern with Powerline device!

MonkeyKing
Joining in

It has come to my attention, through the VM forum, that the powerline devices provided are a known fire hazard as others have also brought up this concern. This device has already tripped my circuit, and other customers have reported this issue and got it replaced with the Black pod. 

I do not feel safe to continue to use these however I now have black spots around my house where the power line connected me.

Please could I get them replace asap.

3 REPLIES 3

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

likely not free unless you are on 1Gb

---------------------------------------------------------------

Cardiffman282
Super solver

Do please let Trading Standards know of your tripped circuit experience of the VM device https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/get-more-help/report-to-trading-standards/

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello MonkeyKing,

Sorry to hear of the powerline adapter issues and the concern this has caused, we understand you raising this via the forums and appreciate you taking the time to do so. Welcome to the community.

Although instances such as this are reported, the number of issues against the number of devices we supply to our customers is an extremely small percentage. That being said, ours customers safety comes first and I will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you to assist. Check the envelope in the top right of the forum when signed in for the message.