cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two (of our three) Virgin WiFi pods are making a noise and overheating - are they safe?

wpsnc
Joining in

Hi there, 

Virgin provided us with three Wifi Pods to pull the broadband up through the house. Last night, two of them overheated and creating a fan like sound. There's a distinct lack of guidance as to (a) why this would happen and (b) is it safe? For example, what if I were on holiday? I've switched them off but would be grateful for Virgin to get back to me with a solution, and ideally, a replacement asap. 

Thank you. 

WP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cardiffman282
Super solver

Plume, the manufacturer, suggests ensuring that all the fan vents on the pods are clear of dust etc. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Cardiffman282
Super solver

Plume, the manufacturer, suggests ensuring that all the fan vents on the pods are clear of dust etc. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

wpsnc
Joining in

Thank you Cariffman282 - very generous of you to comment on this. 

It would be great if Virgin Media could contact me about this as it's been a couple of days of NO response, yet they say these message forums are the best way to communicate. 

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @wpsnc 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear about the problem you're having 😔 We understand your concern.

In order to discuss this with you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Thank you for your support @Cardiffman282 👍

Regards,
Daniel