cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SuperHub 3 Solid Red Light

GeordieJam
Joining in

Hi,

Our Superhub 3.0 has been showing a constant solid Red light for months now. At first there were no connection issues so I just left it. However my wifi connections are very temperamental now and some things do not connect at all. Checked online forums and keep seeing that this may be an overheating issue which can affect performance. Hub feels a little warm to the touch but certainly not hot and it is not in Modem mode. I have telephoned Virgin Customer Services multiple times trying to maybe get a replacement hub or an engineer visit but I keep getting fobbed off with "just reboot the device and wait 24hrs" which I have done god knows how many times. My Wife is starting to worry about it catching fire through the night now though, especially with us having two small children, so I am having to switch it off till morning. Surely something can be done?? Any advice or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
I will ask VM to come here to comment. For peace of mind switch the Hub off when in bed or out of the house.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

158 REPLIES 158

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
I will ask VM to come here to comment. For peace of mind switch the Hub off when in bed or out of the house.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi GeordieJam welcome to the community! Thank you for posting. (Also thanks to @jbrennand for flagging this to us.)

Sorry to hear of your concerns regarding the red light on your hub. I have had a look into all of your equipment and it appears to be performing well, however with the information regarding the red light it is best if we send a technician out to you to have a look and replace the hub if needed. I will send you a PM to confirm a few details so we can get this booked in for you as soon as possible. You will find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your inbox. 
I will return to this thread to update it once we have an appointment booked. 

All the best. 

Molly

Hi All, here to update the thread. 

Thank you to @GeordieJam for PM'ing with me. 

An appointment has now been booked at the first available slot to get this resolved. You can view and manage appointments via your My Virgin Media account. 

If you can please get back to us on this thread following the appointment so we know how it went and can offer you further support if needed! Hope it goes well. 

All the best. 

Molly

GeordieJam
Joining in

Hi all,

Virgin engineer visited today and replaced my hub 3.0 which was overheating without any hassle. Why Virgin Customer Services couldn't have arranged this quick visit via telephone instead of fobbing me off on numerous occasions I do not know. So much for just leaving it for 24hrs, the thing was actually overheating and needed replacing. Anyways, thanks to this forum my faulty equipment has been replaced quickly and it's working spot on. Thank you to everyone who helped.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@GeordieJam wrote:

Why Virgin Customer Services couldn't have arranged this quick visit via telephone instead of fobbing me off on numerous occasions I do not know.

We do... it isn't written on the scripts of the offshore CS agents 😎

--------------------
John
--------------------

I'm so glad to hear this has been resolved @GeordieJam and I am so sorry to hear that this was harder to arrange then it should have been! 

Please do not hesitate to reach out again via the forums if you need help in the future!

Thank you.

I am having the same issue with my modem solid red light all working ok but I am concerned about it can you help thanks 

Hi martinsands,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear there's an issue with the hub, can you let me know if you've tried the below first- 

Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub.

Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location and out of direct sunlight, if possible. 

Switch the hub back on at the power. The Hub should now operate normally.

Alex_Rm

Hi Alex thanks for getting back to me   Yes I have done all that it actually went orange first then later red been like this a few weeks now all works fine and doesn't  seem  to be over warm ?