cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to virgin red light on hub

1214sam
Tuning in

New to virgin Broadband hub 3, light is red only had for a week. It was when it was installed. when went amber for a day now red again. Should I be concerned? Should I phone them ?

Wifi has been working ok I think. When I check status a couple of times been stating I have a problem, but not really noticed.

Already annoyed,  anyway as after a few days of contract they sent a message of increased my price. 

Thank you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Alessandro Volta

Login in to the Hub 3 menu at http://192.168.0.1/
use the numeric HUB PASSWORD from the bottom side label. ( this is not the Wi-Fi password )

Run the Network diagnostic tool

Scroll down through the results and find the Temperature entry. Is it Normal ?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi 1214sam,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome both here and to Virgin Media, we are sorry for any concerns caused by the red light showing on your Router which you have on on pretty much from the beginning.

I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you and it does look like there is a potential issue, it is advised that you first try a pin reset on the Router, this will rule out any software issues, pleas push a pin/ paper clip in the reset hole, keep it pressed in for a full timed 1 minute, once done allow 15 minutes to settle.

Regards

Paul.

Hi

Thank you for getting back. I have done the pin reset today. The hub is still red. Any help or should I call virgin?

Thank you 

Client62
Alessandro Volta

Login in to the Hub 3 menu at http://192.168.0.1/
use the numeric HUB PASSWORD from the bottom side label. ( this is not the Wi-Fi password )

Run the Network diagnostic tool

Scroll down through the results and find the Temperature entry. Is it Normal ?

Hi

Thank you, I have done the above. It states temperature is normal. So am I assuming the hub is fine. Although I still have this red light that goes amber once in a while, which is very annoying. As a new customer one would assume I would get a new working hub with a white light. 

Thank you at least im a little relieved that its not over heating.

Hi 1214sam,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the light going to red on the hub.

We will need to arrange to have this replaced. I will private message you now to confirm your details. 

^Martin