cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with a stable connection

botric
Tuning in

I have a Hub 5 x on a GIG1 connection, the connection was fine and had little to no disconnections, over the 8 months it was working, on the 18/05/2024 the connection was disconnected due to an outage in the Accrington area, this was resolved within the day however the connection stability is so bad it is unreal, report was filed and they sent out an engineer who cleaned the fibres and that then said this should resolve, the first engineer cleaned all but one fibre in the cabinet, the second engineer came out and cleaned all the fibres, then after this as the issue was still happening I asked for them to replace the router and see if that could work, got an engineer out to install a new router, the issue was still happening I noted a couple of things, the speed is okay and works to the full speed when the line is working however the disconnections are many, the router by default has an MTU size of 2000 which is to big to be classed as a frame, if i set this down to the max frame size (1500) it then doesn't let me set it back to 2000, a factory reset sort this and sets it back to default, the resetting of the MTU to 1500 it didn't fix the issue and the disconnections still happen, looked further into it and the router is completely loosing all config of the line the image below is in the admin and info pannel, it shows the every time the internet cuts out, I have spoke to virgin over the phone got no where with them and i cant seem to get though to someone who wants to help, 

image (1).png
 thinkbroadband.com results from the line

do I raise a complaint or do I keep trying to get though to someone over the phone who will be able to help?

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A VM person will comment here in due course.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello botric

We're sorry to hear of the connection issues experienced, we understand the frustration and concerns and appreciate you raising this via the forums.

Due to the Hub and the network you're on, we don't currently have access to the tools or diagnostics to look into or assist with this. There is a dedicated team who support queries and technical support for these devices and this network. If you give the team a call on 150/0345 454 1111 option 1, then option 2 this will get you through to the broadband technical team where you will then be connected to the dedicated team.

Rob

Hi I have called and called in the past week alone I've spent over 6 hours on the phone to that team and still nothing

We understand the frustration botric but as explained, it isn't something we can assist you with via the forums as we don't have access to diagnostics or the tools for your connection.

Rob