cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub red light

MalandBren75
Dialled in

My virgin hub is showing a red light. It is cool to touch and is well ventilated also everything is working as it should, this forum recommends a new hub is required is this correct and if so how do I get one as I can’t get through on 150

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MalandBren75
Dialled in

Finally managed to get through to 150 they ran tests to say all is ok and that the red light is normal, I find this strange as VM guidance says it is a problem and this has never been on in the past

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

BillBudd
Superfast

Do you know what version of hub you have?  Are you operating the hub in router or modem mode?

I do not work for VM. Services: 2 x HD TV (+ Sky Sports, BT sport), x2 Tivo boxes (WiFi) Hub5 1gb, Talk Weekend Phone on IP, o2 Mobile SIM on iPhone, unlimited data, texts & minutes.

hub 3 and using as router mode

MalandBren75
Dialled in

Finally managed to get through to 150 they ran tests to say all is ok and that the red light is normal, I find this strange as VM guidance says it is a problem and this has never been on in the past

Hi MalandBren75,

Thank you for your post. We are more than happy to look into this for you. 

I will private message you now to confirm your details. 

^Martin

• I have sent you information required and you are yet to respond from several hours ago 

• Well this is great, I answered all the questions asked in direct message and that was last I heard from VM despite me asking several times for a response, I find this so rude.

I have the same problem. Red light on hub, but was working - until now. It’s been on and off. I have reset the hub and now we lost internet completely.

MalandBren75
Dialled in
  • An engineer came out and said red light means there is an issue and swapped it straight away and everything has been fine since

Glad to hear a tech has come and fixed this for you.

If you need anything going forward you know where we are. 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?