cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 - Red light

monkeyfinger
Joining in

So, my Hub 3 is showing a permanent red light. I had this happen just over a year ago, and the hub was replaced - so it looks like the same failure again.

The hub is in a cool spot, unobstructed. It feels warm to the touch as it always has, and all seems to function as it should. I've reset, and this has made no difference.

I'm assuming I require another replacement hub? Obviously, since this is an overheating warning, I have some concerns about the hub remaining switched on.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @monkeyfinger 

Welcome back to the community forums 

Sorry to hear of your red light concerns. This is usually down to an LED error with the router rather than anything more. Checking the systems at our side the routers uptime is over 137 days. Please can you try a 60 second pin hole reset on the router. This will revert any customisations back to factory settings and full update the router with firmware/software updates. Please do not reboot the router whilst it is completing the pin hole request. Let's see if this clears the error.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @monkeyfinger 

Welcome back to the community forums 

Sorry to hear of your red light concerns. This is usually down to an LED error with the router rather than anything more. Checking the systems at our side the routers uptime is over 137 days. Please can you try a 60 second pin hole reset on the router. This will revert any customisations back to factory settings and full update the router with firmware/software updates. Please do not reboot the router whilst it is completing the pin hole request. Let's see if this clears the error.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Thanks - I will try that and update here accordingly

1 minute pin reset completed. Internet reconnected - no change to the red LED.

I've not had any further response from Admins. The red light is a permanent fixture on my hub now - is this just something I need to accept from now on? Since it's potentially to do with the unit overheating, I have some concerns just ignoring this going forward and would appreciate a response if possible.

Thanks for coming back to us monkeyfinger, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Thanks for coming back to us monkeyfinger and if you get a chance, please do let us know how the visit goes 👍

Kind Regards,

Steven_L