cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 Red Light

Meghan_S
Joining in

Hi! 

Was online checking speeds due to intermittent issues with Internet and noticed the light on my Hub 3 should be white however ours is solid red and has been for a long while.

Could this be causing the issues with Internet connection? 

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No, only if the Hub is genuinely overheating.  If the red LED stays on after a reset the Hub should be swapped out. This is the overheating warning and needs to be working correctly. If you wait here a day or two a VM Mod will discuss directly with you. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Meghan_S, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear there is an red light issue, also a warm welcome to the community.

I am going to send you a DM but in the meanwhile please do try these steps;

• Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub.

• Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location, and, if at all possible, out of direct sunlight.

• Then use the power switch to turn the unit back on. The Hub should now operate normally.

Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta

I wonder how the Forum Team can advise that the Hub would act normally after a power reset.  Surely the red light has a specific meaning and we’d all like to know what the official guidance is that the Forum Team are using.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)