cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard Rest Not Working on Hub 3

Deanrwatson
Joining in

Tried the Admin Password on Hub 3 to access Router via 192.168.0.1 as I could not recall ever changing it. Did the whole disconnect Ethernet Cables, Reset Button for 60 Seconds, timed it, watched router go through reset. Went back to web page, tried the labelled password on the base no luck.

Stuck now. Just want to access the settings to improve the Wi-fi as only getting 30mbs in the room next door, on a 520mbs package. 

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There are two passwords - one for settings and one for wifi - have you tried them both?

Also try it ion a laptop/computer connected directly to the Hub on an ethernet cable - rather than over wifi.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Yes, to both questions.

Thanks. I tried them before posting. Followed the "official" advice verbatim 

Hello Deanrwatson.

Thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear you are having an issue with your hub not allowing access to the settings.
I'd like to take a look into this for you and arrange a hub swap as it sounds like the current hub may be faulty.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check your logo at the  top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Thanks for those details Deanrwatson.

Can you please keep this post updated once the replacement hub has arrived, or if you have any issues after you have set this up.

Gareth_L