cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing green light and solid WiFi

ineedwifilol
Joining in

Hi all

im hoping for a bit of advice as suddenly my WiFi stopped working about 3 hours ago and haven’t come back on. I believe I have a hub 3 and there is a green flashing light, and a solid green WiFi symbol currently. 
this hasn’t happened before and WiFi is generally really good, about an hour before it all went off it was slightly slow and freezing on a show I was watching but other than that completely fine. I sort of assumed it was an update or something and it would’ve worked itself out in an hour but even after rebooting and restarting etc nothings changed it just goes straight back to flashing green. 

I’ve ran checks etc and there’s apparently no outage in the area or any issues etc with my box, however it said my connections were loose or something so I did exactly what it showed and tightened everything (even though they wasn’t loose at all) and still, 3 hours later, nothing. As it’s late Sunday I can’t contact anyone and have booked an engineer but that’s not until Wednesday and I do really need the WiFi for work so if I can get a solution before then that would be awesome. 

any help is really appreciated, thank you so much apologies if this is the incorrect forum section to post this 

4 REPLIES 4

RageCage
Tuning in

Sorry I have no solution for you but I'm in the same boat. Since Saturday I've had no TV or broadband. This happened the week before also.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues and fix estimates, down to street cab/ postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

NENorm
Joining in

Just joined to say I am in exactly the same boat. Lost broadband approx 20.00 tonight. WiFi still solid and has been throughout. Logged into hub5 and did a reboot, since then it has been stuck in a flashing green cycle. Done about 3 reboots so far and no change. The WiFi still shows up on my devices but I can no longer log in to the hub. 

I believe a flashing green light is a hub update but i thinks it's stuck. Unfortunately the VM customer service hub has been hopeless. Can't contact anyone but followed the faults process but hub is showing up as not connected their end so ended up booking a technician. Unfortunately not available until Wednesday evening. I have booked it but still haven't had an email confirming it which is strange and it doesn't show in the virgin media my account section.

For now it seems my hub is knackered and I'm stuck with it until at least Wednesday. I will try and call customer services tomorrow to double check if my technician visit is booked but feeling a little disgruntled at how hard it has been to simply log a fault. Felt like I was going round in circles.

Only other option is maybe a pinhole reset but not sure if that will do anything.

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @NENorm,

Sorry to hear of the issues with your Hub, how was the visit with the technician and were they able to help further with regards to your Hub?

Joe