cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband not working at all.

ljh217
Joining in

Hi All,

We've been with Virgin for about a week. Today the internet mysteriously stopped working at 3pm. Virgin media are just saying that the Wifi router is not connected (it is, it's just flashing red and resetting it and checking connections isn't doing anything)?

Engineer available Saturday at the earliest.

Fortunately we're still with Sky Broadband until the 7th, so have a temporary fix, but any ideas?

ljh217_0-1725385067485.png

Not happy at all with both the customer service or the response to the broadband being completely unavailable.

7 REPLIES 7

Client62
Alessandro Volta

Check for known faults in your street

Call 0800 561 0061 – this is an automated number.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/check/status/identification/identify

Be aware if a known fault is found that does not relate to just your specific line, e.g a fault in the street cabinet or earlier in the network affecting multiple homes / streets, any engineer home visits are likely be cancelled without warning / notice.

Nope, no fault showing, they couldn't even find my box (I assume because there is no internet running into it), so got stuck in a endless loop on the website of them wanting to reset my box, which I did but didn't work.

Did you call the number? 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If you're not happy with the connection or service you have 14 days to decide whether to cancel. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Yes. No fault found and just kept sending me the same text saying the router is not plugged in (it is plugged in!). Rang to say I would cancel and engineer is booked for Saturday, but still ridiculous service.

Can't cancel as registered more than 14 days ago, it was installed a week later.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

The 14 days starts from the first working connection. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.