cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to reset password

rc37282
Joining in

Issue:

I am unable to reset my password as the password strength is classed as “invalid”, even when using passwords generated by a password generator. I am therefore not able to reset my password and access my virgin media account.

Reproduction:

1. Open the MyVirginMedia app
2. Select “Broadband tv and phone”
3. Select “Forgotten … password
4. Follow the link provided in my email to the reset password page on virginmedia.com
5. Try to choose a new password

Result:

No passwords are valid. Password strength is ”invalid” even when meeting the password criteria.

Expected:

A password can be set and password for my account changed.

36 REPLIES 36

Hey Tward17, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am so sorry to hear about this.

What error is it giving you when you try and change the password?

Also I would like making the password very simple and trying to change it on Chrome this should fix it for you.

Please let us know.

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi no matter what password I said it just says password invalid 

No problem sorry to hear this, I will send you a PM now. 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

alby1007
Joining in

I have the same problem here. I am unable to reset my password. It doesn't matter what password I try it says its invalid. Please help..

Rrowley
Joining in

I'm also having the same problem.Please send me a PM

Hey alby1007,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums. I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your online account. I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Hi All, and particularly Steven:

I also had this issue, where the password would be marked as invalid regardless. I've found that refreshing the page and never entering an invalid password fixed the issue - the second you click out the box for typing your password, that "state" is saved and you have to reload if it is invalid.