cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to reset password

rc37282
Joining in

Issue:

I am unable to reset my password as the password strength is classed as “invalid”, even when using passwords generated by a password generator. I am therefore not able to reset my password and access my virgin media account.

Reproduction:

1. Open the MyVirginMedia app
2. Select “Broadband tv and phone”
3. Select “Forgotten … password
4. Follow the link provided in my email to the reset password page on virginmedia.com
5. Try to choose a new password

Result:

No passwords are valid. Password strength is ”invalid” even when meeting the password criteria.

Expected:

A password can be set and password for my account changed.

36 REPLIES 36

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Petetervit, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear you are having issues resetting your password. 

Have you been able to try this on another browser or device to see if you still have the same issue? 

If not, can you please try and then let us know how you get on? 

Thanks, 

Nat

I am having a si ilar issue. Tried for many weeks now. Nothing seems to work

Hi aniketingle, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with trying to reset your password. 

This is something we can certainly check for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. Just click on the little envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Can someone help me please having same issue 

Hi @criso86 thanks for your post although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

Please allow me to send you a PM so I can look into things further for you.

Kindly expect the PM from me to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W

mbridgett
Joining in

I have exactly the same problem - can't set a password.  Yes, I have tried all the usual things (different browser, different complexity password, different email address, different device).  Tried around 50 times with different combinations.  

Hi there @mbridgett 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that this has happened for you as well, I will be happy to take a look for you via a Private Message.

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Commander_L
Joining in

Did anyone actually get a fix for this? My bill has just gone up this month and I can’t even access my account to find out why, infuriating!

Hello Commander_L.

Thank you very much for joining our Community.
Can I just apologise for you not being able to access your bills online.

Have you been able to sign into your online account previously?

If you know the email address you can use the Forgotten password option to gain access.

If you are still struggling, please let me know and I can take a further look into this.

Gareth_L

I have precociously been able to view my bills online yes. Still can’t get access with my current password or change my password to a new one. I need to get this sorted asap