cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to reset password

rc37282
Joining in

Issue:

I am unable to reset my password as the password strength is classed as “invalid”, even when using passwords generated by a password generator. I am therefore not able to reset my password and access my virgin media account.

Reproduction:

1. Open the MyVirginMedia app
2. Select “Broadband tv and phone”
3. Select “Forgotten … password
4. Follow the link provided in my email to the reset password page on virginmedia.com
5. Try to choose a new password

Result:

No passwords are valid. Password strength is ”invalid” even when meeting the password criteria.

Expected:

A password can be set and password for my account changed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

rc37282
Joining in

The validation now seems to be behaving as expected for me. I was able to reset my password

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

35 REPLIES 35

rc37282
Joining in

The validation now seems to be behaving as expected for me. I was able to reset my password

What did you do, mine keeps doing this and it's driving me crazy!

Thank you

Think for me a browser plugin was causing the issue. Not sure which one mind, but I swapped to a different browser and it seemed to work…

Thanks for the update @ed0906.

@JMerritt, can you please confirm if this has allowed you combat the issue you're facing, or do you still require further assistance?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hello, 

No it won't allow me to reset it

Screenshot_20220816-153725_Outlook.jpgHello,

As you can see it will not let me confirm a password.

The one entered is just a random bunch of characters!

Please help!

Thank you, Jamie

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

thank you for providing the screenshot JMerrit, are you able to do this from a different device or browser? 

Have you cleared your cache/cookies?

Zoie

My password has stopped working.

Went to reset page on both Windows/Chrome and Android/Samsung internet.  System will not accept new password even strong one it has suggested.

What should I do next?

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @chrisgrog,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm very sorry to hear  that you're having some issues with resetting your online account password! We're here to help! 🙂

I'll send you a Private Message to confirm a few details so we can help further. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon.

Thank you! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I have been try all morning to reset my password word and it keeps saying invalid