cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My email has been compromised - i can't reset my password. Received threatening emails.

Woodsman
Joining in

My email & password has been compromised on multiple accounts. I have been logged out of multiple accounts. Details have been changed. I'm trying with no success to change my log on details via My Virgin Media . The log on page doesn't recognise my email. I have called Virgin, they changed my password manually. Still cant get in. Can someone contact me as a matter of urgency. 

5 REPLIES 5

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Woodsman,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear that you believe your account has been compromised. Would you mind expanding on what's happened exactly, and what's been discussed and actioned with the team?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Woodsman
Joining in

Hi, so i had a spate of malicious emails tying to extort me for bitcoin. They also have access to my emails & a number of my passwords. I have been systematically logged me out of many of my accounts / apps - where my logs on details have been changed & effectively locked me out. 

As part of the process in securing my details i want to change the password associated with my Virgin Media account & the password on my virgin media email. I'm unable to do this through the VM media app or on the VM web site. Neither of these recognise my email address when i request a password reset. So i called VM direct - the nice lady at the call centre - changed my password manually her end & asked me to log in 1/2hr later. I'm still unable to log in, the app & web site do not recognise my email. 

Hi Woodsman, 

Thanks for using the Community Forums to get this issue with your email looked into, I am sorry this has happened to you 😥 I would be more than happy to look into this for you!

As these malicious emails have taken control of your email and accounts, it's more than likely that our Security Team have locked your account in order to protect you and others from further spam/scams. If you could firstly perform virus scans on ALL devices that have had access to your email this will prevent the scammers from accessing your devices again.

Please let us know once you've done this and we will help further.

Thanks,

Megan

no virus found.

Thanks, so I can take a closer look at this, I've popped you over a private message.

Alex_Rm