cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Virgin Media App not showing correct details

singlesmart
Tuning in

I took out a new contract in October but the my Virgin media app is not showing my correct package details. In fact it’s not showing anything assigned to me at all. The service status also just shows a time. 
When I log in online my package details are fine. It is just wrong on the app. I have even tried it on another mobile phone and it still shows wrong details. 
I did try to get assistance from Virgin Media support but the recommended solution is to always remove / reinstall the app but this never works. The issue is not with my phone. 
Something was raised with Virgin media IT but I never heard anything back and gave up. 

IMG_7665.png

23 REPLIES 23

Cheers for the reply. I'll watch out for a fix in the next year or 3 ha ha

Impith
On our wavelength

I have exactly the same. After renewing my contract the services are visible on the web but there is nothing in the App. 

Hi Impith,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to see your app hasn't updated.

Can you confirm if you've uninstalled and re-installed the app?

Alex_Rm

Impith
On our wavelength

Yes, removed and reinstalled - deleted data, deleted cache. 

I thought I would go one step further so I installed the app on my tablet where it has not previously been installed. Exactly the same result, no services visible. That is a fresh install on a fresh device. 

With the number of similar reports where I think the common factor is the customer has just recontracted before the error occurs, it really shouldn't be hard for your software guys to track this bug down.  For a bug in your app (or at least, in the data being provided to your app) it certainly is!

Thanks for the reply @Impith 🧾

Could you try the following please:

For your Apple device, you can try this: Open Settings > Tap your name > Tap iCloud > Tap Manage Settings > Tap the Connect App > Tap Delete Data. 
For your Android device, you can try this: Open settings > Apps > Connect App > Storage > Clear data / Clear cache.

If you are using an Android device can you please ensure you have the following settings enabled:
Location Permissions (Settings > Apps > Virgin Media Connect > Permissions)
Nearby devices (Settings > Google devices & Sharing > Scan for nearby devices).

Let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Impith
On our wavelength

@Ilyas_Y wrote:

Thanks for the reply @Impith🧾

Could you try the following please:

For your Apple device, you can try this: Open Settings > Tap your name > Tap iCloud > Tap Manage Settings > Tap the Connect App > Tap Delete Data. 
For your Android device, you can try this: Open settings > Apps > Connect App > Storage > Clear data / Clear cache.

If you are using an Android device can you please ensure you have the following settings enabled:
Location Permissions (Settings > Apps > Virgin Media Connect > Permissions)
Nearby devices (Settings > Google devices & Sharing > Scan for nearby devices).

Let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

I did try to be clear in my previous post. I have done clear data, clear cache. Uninstalled and reinstalled. I have even installed it on a brand new device previously untouched by the VM app.  Surely this thread is about the MyVirginMedia app so what effect would allowing the VirginMedia Connect to have location permissions have? That is a totally different app. 

Why do I get the feeling you guys always think it is a customer error? Have you raised the issue with your software team? This is either a software error in the app, or (possibly more likely) an error in the data stream the app is referencing which is not being updated correctly when a customer renews.  

Thanks Impith,

So we can help further, I've popped you over a private message to get a few more details from you.

Alex_Rm

Can you also help me? I have the same issue. Surely this is a VM issue 

pmadd78
Tuning in

Anyone had any resolution to this issue? 

Hi pmadd78,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to hear you're also having some issues with your My Virgin Media app. 

Can you confirm if you're uninstalled/ reinstalled it?

Alex_Rm