cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Link expired

sazbob
Joining in

I am trying to register a new account and the email verification link keeps saying it has expired. Please help. I need to get set up and link my 02.

9 REPLIES 9

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey sazbob,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums. I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your online account. Have you tried to start the process again as this should trigger a new email? 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Yes, I have done the process many times. And it either doesn’t send a new link and then when I do get a new link it keeps telling me it has expired. 

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for confirming that, sazbob. I'm sorry to hear that things still aren't working when attempting to register.

I've taken a look on our side, and can see you have been in touch with our team regarding the issue, and they've raised this with our Technical Teams.

These escalations can take up to 5 working days to be resolved. Please do let us know if you do not have any updates during this time, and we'll do our best to assist further. 

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Good afternoon,

I have still not heard back from the ticket that has been raised. I still can not register my account which means I can’t link my O2 account so therefore my volt benefits aren’t activated and I have been charged for Disney plus. Also I can not run a WiFi test in my home, as I think I may need WiFi boosters in the upstairs. Please can you advise? As I am paying for services that are supposed to be included.

Good evening, @sazbob 

Thanks for coming back to the thread. We have checked the ticket for you and it's still in the SLA (service level agreement) to be fixed. The team are working hard to fix this for you and you will be contacted when they have an update/the fix for the ticket. 

In relation to WiFi, there are so many things that can influence a Wi-Fi connection some of which include but are not limited to, a fish tank being in the same room, walls being built with concrete instead of brick, it could even be that your next-door neighbour’s router is interfering with yours. Due to this, we are only able to offer limited help. Please have a look here: https://virg.in/wifisos

The Hub's location could also be causing the coverage problem, so we do need to check the positioning of it. Can you please ensure the following

Out in the open
Next to the TV not behind it
Away from large bodies of water (e.g., fish tanks)
Away from baby monitors and cordless phones
Away from microwaves

Think of the Hub as a radio, and WiFi as the sound - the further away you are from the radio, or the more obstacles that are in the way (walls, electronic devices etc.), the quieter the radio & the poorer the WiFi.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thank you for your reply. Is there an estimate on how long this will be with the SLA? Does this mean it hasn’t been looked into yet? As I said I am being charged more money based on not being able to link accounts. 

I don’t have any of those things interfering with the WiFi. I think it’s just struggling to get up to the top floor of my house. Which is why I want to do the WiFi test but can’t do this as I can’t access anything on the app. 

Normally with Volt benefits it can take up to 14 working days, normally faster.

When you go to here does it say something in in process.

A pod will help however without being on the volt or 1GB they will be chargeable.

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

It will take 14 days to look into why I can’t register my account? I was told 5 working days. 

Hi Sazbob 👋🏼.

Thank you for reaching out to us, I can see you are in private message with one of our staff members.

To stop confusion and so we can help you with please continue the conversation on there, our team will do everything we can to answer any question over the private message.  

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide