Menu
Ckuk
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Change account number

Hi I have a new contract and need to change the account number associated with my email so I can access the new information with the app

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Change account number

Hi Ckuk,

Have you moved house, or did you leave Virgin and then return as a new customer?

If you moved house then a member of the Forum Team may be able to perform a move and transfer and set your email address up with your new account.

However if you are a returning customer then you will need to use a new email address.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

Ckuk
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I moved house, got a new contract as there was a month gap between houses. The app still logs in and shows my old contract number 

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

HI Ckuk,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forums.

This is completely normal - don't worry. What we need to do is what's called a 'Move and Transfer' between both your old and new account so that you can continue signing into your My Virgin Media using your same credentials but your new account details will show.

I'll pop you over a PM now so I can help with this.

Beth

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ckuk,

Thanks for sharing the requested details with me via PM.

After looking at the account, I can see that your services have not yet been activated, meaning that your My Virgin Media account won't be ready just yet. This means that I won't be able to process the move and transfer until your services ave been activated.

However as soon as your services are activated, please let us know from here so we can process that for you as soon as possible. If you need help with anything else in the meantime, just give us a shout and we'll be happy to help.

Kind regards

Beth

0 Kudos