cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug in VM App and Website - Impossible to Change Telephone Password

orbilivion
Tuning in

It seems impossible to change the Telephone Password, on both the app and the webpage. It gets stuck on 'No Uppercase Letter'. You can add one or more uppercase letters and it remains impossible to change the password, always stating new password requirements not met, with a cross by the uppercase letter requirement. Please fix this bug. It's really lazy programming for whoever coded this, not to check it even works! Google has revealed hundreds of messages across various forums stating this issue. Please could a moderator contact Virgin support team and get this fixed. Please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@orbilivion In the screenshot it shows two Uppercase letters whereas the requirements state No Uppercase letters.  So it is failing as it doesn't meet the requirements.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

orbilivion
Tuning in

Bug.jpg

Arissa_H
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Orbilivion 👋🏼.

Thank you for posting and welcoming you onto the community forum 😊.

Sorry to see you are having issues with your telephone password ☹.

Let me further investigate this matter 🧐.

I will have to private message you, please watch out for the envelope ✉.

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@orbilivion In the screenshot it shows two Uppercase letters whereas the requirements state No Uppercase letters.  So it is failing as it doesn't meet the requirements.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Hi Orbilivion, 

It looks like Graham has a point here. We're sorry this was missed in our first post to you (nice sharp eyes Graham 🤩)

Can you try again and enter the password all lower case instead and see if this allows it to be saved. If it doesn't just reply to Arissa's PM and we can then help further 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

orbilivion
Tuning in

Haha yeah turns out Graham is right. You gotta have sharp eyes to spot that. It's odd almost every other website forces you to have at least one capital letter, yet Virgin is the opposite. Bet a load of people get caught out with that one! Cheers Graham. I've managed to change my Telephone password now.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@orbilivion I suspect that the lowercase rule is because the memorable word is usually entered via a telephone keypad.

Hi orbilivion, 

That's great news, we're really happy to hear that you've been able to update it now. 

As Graham mentioned, as this is the telephone password, it needs to be entered using a keypad at times so the criteria is a lot less strict. We do like to make sure you have a mix of letters or numbers though to keep things as safe as possible but capital letters and special characters are a no. 

If you have any further issues, just let us know. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs