cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Contract Renewal not updated, email blank

Harry_hz
Joining in

I have accepted a contract renewal offer. The WhatsApp team support asked me to wait 6-7 days for it to be updated in my account, but it has been 8 days there is nothing updated on my account. I did receive some pre-contract documents, but the order confirmation email sent to me is just a completely blank placeholder email (attached). Is the offer a false advertisement? 

Harry_hz_0-1692132351093.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Harry_hz,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you have been having this issue with your contract, I would like to be able to look into this with you, for me to do so I will need to confirm some information in a quick private message, if you have not used this feature before you can access it via the envelope at the top of your screen.

Joe

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

23 REPLIES 23

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Harry_hz,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you have been having this issue with your contract, I would like to be able to look into this with you, for me to do so I will need to confirm some information in a quick private message, if you have not used this feature before you can access it via the envelope at the top of your screen.

Joe

taylorjoanna
Joining in

I've been receiving emails to say I haven't paid my broadband account there was a problem with my direct debit plus I've been receiving texts via my (new O2!) mobile number yet when I logged on today to my Virgin Media account it said my account is paid and up to date and everything is fine. 

Last month I was charged a late payment fee for my new/transferred O2 mobile bill as I was being spammed with various odd differing texts asking me to input my bank details and by the time I sorted this out I was penalised for being cautious and careful!  

Has anyone else started to have these spam/payment issues since 'O2' got involved? 

I never had any problems before and I've been a Virgin customer since 2005. 

PS I will be leaving Virgin full stop as I'm moving away from the UK within the next couple of months so it's not worth my time setting up new services .... 

Apologies for the messages and emails received, as you have advised and are aware, these are phishing emails. We have help here for emails of this nature, when you're nearer to the date of moving give the team a call on 150 from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 option 1, option 4 then option 4 this will get you through to the contracts team who will be able to look into this further for you. This would need to be 30 days notice.

Rob

Duckwantbread
Joining in

I renewed my broadband contract today and the exact same blank "confirmation" was sent to me, will be interesting to hear what the outcome of this is.

Furthermore despite the offer I accepted claiming that I'd double my broadband speed (from M125 to M250) when the new deal started I've looked at the pre-contract documents sent alongside the confirmation email (this one did have my name on it) and the speed seems to be unchanged at M125. 

Hi Duckwantbread,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

Have you had an emails regarding the upgrade?

Please check your spam inbox.

^Martin

Hi Martin

Since accepting the renewal this morning the only email I've received is the pre contract and this confirmation email which looks to just be a blank template with no actual info:

1000012780.jpg

Thank you for that information. I am happy to take a look at the account for you to check this. 

I will private message you now to confirm your details. 

^Martin

Dear Joe or Robert or everyone else!

Are you just another artificial intelligence BOT monitoring and replying to this post? 

Or are you an actual real life person?! 

If you are then you have my phone number and I look forward to hearing from you.... 

If not then I've being paying your Virgin Mobile salary since 2006 so I ain't very impressed!! 

Thanks Rob but will I receive a refund of the £6 late payment charge on my Virgin Mobile account eg when it moved to O2 and the monthly direct debit dates became in advance instead of retrospective!!? I think the scammers took advantage of this.