cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM not honoring what i signed up for and trying to charge extra.

kraigoss
Joining in
Hello.
I signed up online to renew my package a week ago, email confirmation came with agreed prices etc which matched what I was expecting.
Then another email came with the contract which I didn't read until now because i have the 14 days cooling off period.
Still no activation and order not showing on my account so I rang them and they say they wont honor the original prices etc that i signed up for even though I've got email confirmation with details on and say they can only go by the contract that was sent.
Original offer was £24/m for landline + m250 broadband + weekend chatter + £5/m for o2 10gb/m sim.
They're now saying the broadband and landline is £29 and say the o2 is £10/m.
Then they said what I do with my o2 contract is up to me ie I'll have to cancel it if i only want to pay the £29/m so I wouldn't get the 10gb/m data, calls etc from o2.
I said please check the confirmation email they sent or let me send a screenshot or I can forward the email to them as proof and they say they can't.
I feel like they think I'll just accept it because nobody else offers above 67mb where I live. 
I asked for a supervisor but they were "in a meeting" and don't do callbacks apparently.
Also they say that o2 don't do £10gb/m for £5 its £10 even thoug its in lack and white in the conf email.
I just want what I signed up for.
They said they don't recommend going by what offers people see online but it was their sales dept that directed me to the offer on my offers page of my VM account. (after trying to tell me the best they could do was £42/m when i tried to renew).
Also, on a separate point could someone please tell me why i was unable to get a verification email to join this help forum and make this post with my vm account email but i could when i used a different email? 

Thanks
8 REPLIES 8

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey kraigoss, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am so sorry to hear about this.

Does your documents / paperwork not reflect what was agreed? 

The O2 sim card does normally come an extra cost not included with the Virgin Media package.

How did you make this renewal? 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

kraigoss
Joining in

Hi,

no i signed up via my offers on my account on VM online.  The contract they sent is more expensive. I haven't heard anything from o2. The contract summary and details say £29/m for the broadband and landline. It should be £24 and the o2 was £5/m but your rep says £29 and £10. I have have confirmation email saying £24 and £5 that i received after signing up and giving my direct debit details.

Thanks

When did you sign up on the app?

It can take up to 10 working days to show active.

Is the change showing on your account now?

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

"It can take up to 10 working days to show active."

Which only gives you 4 days to try to find someone in VM to understand their 'mistake' and put it right, before you are locked in.  How convenient 😞

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

I signed up online not on the app. Your rep suggested going to my account and then i clicked the link that says "See your offers" which took me to the offer. Now when i just clicked it i get an error page. Yesterday there was no error but no offers.

The lady i spoke to yesterday was trying to set up another contract because it wasnt on her system I think she said but as i say she wants to charge £29/m and says o2 is £10/m. Its still not there.

Also, the first person i spoke to said they would refund the £51 that i was billed when my contract ended but that i would have to wait and get a credit which i said was ok so there should be a note on the system about that.

I signed up on 7th March so its now 8 days ago.  The confirmation email came at 13.23pm from webteam@virginmedia.com 

Thanks for coming back to us kraigoss. I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Ok thanks Steven will do.